In 2013, INOV was contacted by the company 360S to develop an innovative training system for soccer players. The goal of 360S was to create their own product protected by patent(s), more advanced than the state-of-the-art systems at that moment.
INOV presented a set of technological solutions that, by their degree of innovation, concluded by signing an R&D contract with the purpose of studying, designing, and developing the related technologies as well as guaranteeing the protection of intellectual property (IP) and transfer of technology to 360S.
A specialised multidisciplinary team managed all the steps necessary to carry out the implementation:
- Opportunity identification
- Research and choice of technological solutions
- IP protection
- Identifying appropriate partners and suppliers
- Carrying out system design, development and testing
- Production of supporting documentation, including that for technology transfer
- First system installation and its follow-up
- Validation of the development and entering into operation
The development of the training machine, named a360S, was carried out with the support of Sport Lisboa and Benfica. The first commercial setup was produced in 2014 and is currently in use in the Training Centre of Seixal.
The project ended up with the full technology transfer to 360S, making this entity independent in product managing and marketing.